Komplette Konzerte (Mitschnitte aus der Röhre)

Georg

Alter Hase
Libori Light. Als Beispiel. Mit Leitlinien. Ich muss immer wieder an "Follow the yellow brick road" denken und wer sich nicht daran hält bekommt Ärger mit der Hexe des Nordens.
"Libori Light" machen wir dann im September bei dir in der Padernosterhalle; Streuselkuchen nicht vergessen! D.h. nur mit vollem Mund reden, die Aerosole klammern sich an die ausgepusteten Streusel und fallen ungefährlich zu Boden....

DerGrobeWestfale

Alter Hase
Das älter werden gehört zum Leben dazu. Charlie Watts 80, Mick Jagger 78, Keith Richards geschätzt 77(könnte auch mehr sein), Ron Wood "erst" 73und dann gedanklich 57 Jahre zurück. Brian Jones gerade mal 22 Jahre alt, leider zu früh verstorben. William George Perks(aka Bil Wyman), damals der Senior in der Band mit 28.

The Rolling Stones Live on the TAMI Show 1964

Georg

Alter Hase
Das älter werden gehört zum Leben dazu. Charlie Watts 80, Mick Jagger 78, Keith Richards geschätzt 77(könnte auch mehr sein), Ron Wood "erst" 73und dann gedanklich 57 Jahre zurück. Brian Jones gerade mal 22 Jahre alt, leider zu früh verstorben. William George Perks(aka Bil Wyman), damals der Senior in der Band mit 28.

The Rolling Stones Live on the TAMI Show 1964

oder "A bigger Bang" live at the Copacabana

nixe

Inventar
Gentle Giant - live in Long Beach 1975 Full Concert

Ripped from The Giant On The Box DVD. Octopus Features is one of the best live songs ever recorded.

setlist:
The Runaway / Keyboard Solo / Experience
Knots / Guitar Acoustic Duet Solo / The Advent of Panurge
The Advent of Panurge
Funny Ways

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

nixe

Inventar
Genesis - live 1973
download the Blu-Ray DVD here: http://tinyurl.com/amn4k93 donate to The Genesis Museum here: https://tinyurl.com/yym7kqg8 For more information or if you have 8mm/16mm films to restore: http://genesismuseum.com

Shepperton Studios, UK: 30/31 October 1973
Watcher of the Skies (0:00)
Dancing with the Moonlit Knight (8:36)
I Know What I Like (17:40)
The Musical Box (24:00)
Supper's Ready (37:10)

It was 40 years ago that Genesis performed in this studio and 10 years ago that I did our first transfer of this 16mm film in PAL format (720x576). The results of this effort along with the generosity at meeksgenesis, SAB for the audio work, RH for the artwork, and a host of others well documented, created a masterpiece that has been used countless times after on TV, bootlegs, "review" DVDs, and even the official Genesis boxed sets. Who would have thought that our work would go so far? Well, I am here to try to push the envelope a little further...I give you Shepperton HD. 16mm is used for amateur (and even professional) filmmaking so there are many more transfer options than for 8mm. But the best of the best is the Spirit DataCine in 2K (2048 pixel CCD resolution) and is used for Hollywood films, as well as PG's recent Secret World Blu-Ray DVD. Of course it is far more common nowadays to see 35mm, transferred by the Spirit in 4K since the film is bigger. They also make an 8mm gate for the Spirit, but because the smaller film size can only use 1K of the resolution (less than HD) this caused debates as to whether it is worthwhile and makes this 8mm gate extremely expensive and almost unheard of. You may also notice that the gate on the Spirit is a little bigger than the previous transfer, maybe 3-5% or so of extra image around the edges. This is still a 4:3 aspect ratio, but more of the stage can be seen than ever before. The definition we are presented with here is amazing HD (1440x1080), and a beautifully low contrast image. If you thought it was impossible to see more detail than the DVD we created 10 years back, your eyes will feast on this. Cymbal grooves, wood grain, each string on a 12-string guitar...it's all here. Of course in addition to even more film grain, we can see new imperfections like hairs and dust. But I noticed that most of these imperfections switch as the camera view switches, and then switch back when the angle switches back. This means is that these are as a result of the original film recording/creation/editing, and are permanently on the print I have and cannot be removed. I did "clean" some of these digitally, but this is an inexact process and I estimate I was able to remove only about 30% of these imperfections. The Spirit allowed for better color adjustment during the transfer, so I had less work to do on the color this time. However, the color on this film is kinda a nightmare. One example of the color issues occurs at the end of The Musical Box, where three separate shots show a perfect black background, a cut to a shot with a blue background, followed by a shot that is balanced towards green...all in a matter of a few seconds. So not only has the film been spliced (each splice mark can be seen in HD) between films with a different color balance, but there is sometimes a different color on the right side of the film than the left side of the film in the same scene. I corrected as much as realistically possible, but it is far from perfect. Because of the amazing video transfer, I felt that the audio was a not a good match in quality. This 16mm film uses "optical" audio, printed down the side of the film like waveforms. This is common for 16mm and fine for dialogue, but not good for music. And unfortunately, there is no great machine to get a better audio transfer, and no great audio source has been discovered even after all these years. So I decided to resync it. Of course there are stories before some songs that could not be redubbed, so they are there in their original form. But I estimate that I was able to achieve about a 90% match for the entire film. I used various soundboards and radio shows, switched and layered and cheated and fine tuned to get it as close as possible. Thanks to Willem for help reviewing my work and suggesting alternate audio sources, and to Dave Raphael for some amazing original artwork as well as suggestions on the film itself.

nixe

Inventar
Genesis live @ Bataclan France 16mm January 10, 1973
As featured in Rolling Stone: https://tinyurl.com/m4hdkvja

00:00 The Musical Box
10:03 Supper's Ready
21:22 Return Of The Giant Hogweed
26:48 The Knife
33:21 Interviews

Donations for The Genesis Museum projects: https://tinyurl.com/yym7kqg8 If you have 8mm/16mm Genesis or Peter Gabriel films, contact http://genesismuseum.com We transfer and restore them for free! Technical Details: This was a really big project. Not that the source was bad, the source was actually very nice. However, the source had many anomalies, but enough "clay" was there to mold this into something even better. The entire process was helped immensely by Ikhnaton, who provided material as well as suggestions and many many previews. The first step was to work on the sound, as the sound was missing for the first part of The Musical Box. The sound still exists but, well...this is another even longer story. Unfortunately, there were not many great recordings that were close enough in time to match the video performance. The best match turned out to be from the official Live LP, although I had to jump through many hoops to not only match the video from a month earlier, but also to match the rest of the audio in "tone". I then inserted a "patch" of audio to erase the overdub from the narrator. This also had to be EQed to match as reasonably close as possible. In the end I used more than one source as the camera is behind the keyboards during this portion, and they needed to be higher in the mix than found in most soundboard Musical Box recordings. I then remastered the rest of the audio to give it a bit more life, some compression and reverb and stereo effects, though not too much as this is a small club and would be strange if it sounded like Giants Stadium. There were also some odds and ends like the sound reel being flat as it spun up to speed, some ambient audience needed between songs, etc. Most of the audio quality was nice however so it didn't need too much surgery. The video was much more of a process. AI tools are becoming very useful and fairly fast, but often make things worse when used improperly. There are also about 25 different AI models that I use, each with several different settings. I try many different models in order to get the result I am looking for on the source I am working on, without creating unwanted artifacts. I also normally have to do more than 1 AI pass. These video tools basically do 3 things well. Noise reduction, up-sampling (increasing size), and enhancement (adding detail) and there is rarely 1 perfect model or setting to get all three, without some very strange things happening. For example, one of the models I tested did a great job on the foreground, but determined that the curtains were hair and they started flowing:) For this film I did 2 passes with 2 totally different models, one of which was still in beta release. I also upscaled higher than desired and then Lanczos reduced back down to get even more detail without adding size. I also used AviSynth for spot/dirt removal and cleanup, scratch removal on one of the camera reels (mostly during Hogweed), and additional sharpness. I used Neat Video for some additional NR/blending in the lights, which are brighter than normally seen on concert films of the time, and it was very difficult to train a tool to recognize the difference between foreground and background in this case. Then I used FFMPEG for frame interpolation to get smooth motion. Finally of course some color grading in TMPGEnc, to give it more realism, despite some color and lighting inconsistencies between the camera angles. For the production we decided to move the interviews to the end, as they are mostly annoying during the performance. There was also only a lower quality source for the final reel of The Knife, so the brightness and detail is greatly reduced during the final minute or so. I won't say that all of these processes were without penalty. But as always, the benefits of each process have to be weighed against the penalties. For the processes we used, we felt there was enough added benefit. Is it definitive? No. Not only do we know there was more of this show filmed, if all the reels could get a higher resolution direct transfer without compression, the results could be better still. But in my opinion, the results we were able to obtain rank this film up there with the best of the Gabriel-era Genesis films. As always, we hope the fans enjoy this. But we ask that our work on this film not be used without permission or credit to those who put all of the time, effort, and money in to making this happen. Otherwise, those involved will not share their work in the future.

DerGrobeWestfale

Alter Hase
BLUES TRIO - LIVE AT TRIBUS BAR
Eine gute Stunde nur Coverversionen, von Robben Ford über Billy Cobham bis hin zu Jimi Hendrix. Da wäre ich gerne dabei gewesen!
Musik und weitere Infos hier

nixe

Inventar
Genesis - live Belgium TV March 1972 (HD)

This studio performance from March 20/21, 1972 has been shown in 100 forms and formats on tv and other broadcasts since the 80s. This version is quite nice, with decent detail and no distracting logos. It is probably the best we can get from a broadcast, until a transfer direct from the source can be found. I took this broadcast and cleaned it up, reduced compression artifacts, AI upscaled, and interpolated to 50fps for smooth motion. The film does have some damage, tears, lines, some skipping here and there. I removed as much of these as reasonably possible, but some are still present and don't detract too much from the performance overall. I also remastered the audio, to give it a bit of life and increased low end, some compression to better hear the drums with more clarity. I tried not to go overboard as this is a studio performance that sounds more natural on the drier side.

The Fountain of Salmacis 0:00
Twilight Alehouse 7:19
The Musical Box 13:11
The Return of the Giant Hogweed 22:50

http://genesismuseum.com Technical details:
The broadcasts for this performance have many issues such as noisy backgrounds, audio distortion earlier in the performance, some skips here and there which lose a touch of sync (maybe 100ms) and then get back into sync, etc. The AI does help the overall to add "detail" and smooth motion by adding frames (ffmpeg), and cleanup (AviSynth), but these tools have to be used carefully as they also create artifacts (odd undesired side effects) so it is always better to use tools as a scalpel rather than a hatchet. For the audio I created a stereo simulation from the mono source, which gives a much fuller sound. I also added some reverb to make it less dry, but again this is in a studio and if it sounds like they are in Giant's stadium it will look odd and unnatural. Some compression is always useful in the high end to hear the tambourine, snare, and cymbals with more clarity without creating so much "boom" in the low end, though I did increase some bass frequencies to give Mike his due :) Again, I try not to go overboard for a source like this, otherwise the life can get squeezed out of it. It is not exactly a direct scanned film source, but the foreground is very nice, really great colors, nice sound....and you can't beat the setlist.

Georg

Alter Hase
Siena Root haben am 30.7. und 31.7. 2021 in Ulm und Fulda zwei Live Konzerte gegeben; der Basser Sam Riffer, Keyboarder Erik Petersson, Drummer Love Forsberg, Gitarrist Matte Gustafsson und Stian Grimstad an der Sitar hatten dieses Mal Zubaida Solid als Frontfrau am Mikro, die mich sehr überzeugte. In Fulda, wahrscheinlich auch in Ulm, hatte Francis Tobolsky (Wucan) mit ihrer Querflöte einen Kurzauftritt bei Siena Root.
Hier ein vergleichbares Konzert:

Nichts kann ein Live-Konzert ersetzen!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

nixe

Inventar
Gentle Giant German TV ZDF 1974-Live Brussels film studio

German TV ZDF 1974-Live Brussels film studio Derek Shulman ( vocals, saxophone, recorder, bass, percussion) Ray Shulman (bass, violin, acoustic guitar, recorder, trumpet, vocals, percussion) Gary Green (guitars, recorders, vocals, percussion) Kerry Minnear (keyboards, cello, vibes, recorder, vocals, percussion) John Weathers (drums, vibes, tambourin, vocals, percussion)

0:16 Cogs in Cogs
3:20 Proclamation
8:13 Funny Ways
16:58 Runaway
21:13 Experience
27:02 Features from Octopus
33:20 Advent of Panurge
40:32 So Sincere

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

nixe

Inventar
Jethro Tull live @ Montreux Jazz Festival 2003 Full DVD

Musicians:
Ian Anderson: vocals, guitar, flute.
Martin Barre: Guitar.
Jonathan Noyce: bass.
Andrew Giddings: keyboards.
Doanne Perry: drums.

Track-list:
0:00:18 - Some Day The Sun Won't Shine On You
0:05:23 - Life Is A Long Song
0:09:44 - Bourée
0:15:15 - With You There To Help Me
0:22:47 - Pavane
0:28:01 - Empty Cafe
0:31:15 - Hunting Girl
0:37:38 - Eurology
0:41:54 - Dot Com
0:47:14 - God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman
0:52:13 - Fat Man
0:57:19 - Living In The Past
1:03:32 - Nothing Is Easy
1:09:20 - Beside Myself
Medley: Songs From The Wood, Too Old To R&R Too Young To Die, Heavy Horses
1:16:02 - My God
1:24:32 - Budapest
1:36:01 - New Jig
1:37:28 - Aqualung
1:46:55 - Locomotive Breath
1:52:34 - Protect and Survive
1:53:31 - Cheerio

nixe

Inventar
the Neal Morse band: Chris Squire tribute concert @ Cruise to the Edge 18.11.2015 (Full. Multicam)

00:00 - Announcement
00:35 - Introduction
02:16 - (Intro Tape) Amazing Grace
04:40 - Every Little Thing
13:21 - No Opportunity Necessary No Experience Needed (with Casey McPherson)
20:05 - Hold Out Your Hand (with Steve Hogarth & Pete Trewavas)
24:06 - You By My Side (with Steve Hogarth & Pete Trewavas)
29:39 - Silently Falling (with Steve Hogarth, Jonas Reingold & Ryo Okumoto)
43:03 - Cinema
45:05 - Make It Easy (with Ted Leonard)
52:02 - City Of Love (with Ross Jennings & Dave Meros)
56:37 - The Fish Medley (with Jonas Reingold, Pete Trewavas & Dave Meros)
01:06:32 - Changes (with Ted Leonard & Ross Jennings)
01:12:46 Does It Really Happen

the Neal Morse band:
• Mike Portnoy
• Neal Morse
• Randy George
• Bill Hubauer
• Eric Gillette

This is it! Partly multi-cam, partly photo gallery. But this is pretty much all the existing material from this special evening. Thanks for watching! And a big Thank You to all the original filmers, photographers and audio tapers! Video: Al Spilowey, Limwed, pgabe4, BAD TORTOISE, Prog Rules, Nicholas Caluda, Arlettevids, Melinda Saminski and many more! Photo: Marco DE NIET, Igor Rock Xposure, Iron Mike Savoia, Douglas S. Irwin, Jens Ekberg and many others!!! Audio: Enchantgy, remastered by Remy And very special thanks to Albert Hollemans who made this project possible!!!

nixe

Inventar
KING CRIMSON - live in Japan Sun Plaza Hall Tokyo 1995

King Crimson performed this unforgettable show on October 5th/6th, 1995, at Nakano Sun Plaza Hall, Tokyo.

King Crimson:
Robert Fripp - Guitar
Adrian Belew - Guitar, Voice
Tony Levin - Basses, Stick, Voice
Trey Gunn - Warr Guitar
Bill Bruford - Drums, Percussions
Pat Mastelotto - Drums, Percussions

Tracklist:
00:00 Circular Improv
03:02 VROOOM
09:46 Frame By Frame
14:58 Dinosaur
21:55 One Time
27:40 Red
33:58 B'Boom
41:10 THRAK
47:40 Matte Kudasai
51:05 Three Of A Perfect Pair
55:26 VROOOM VROOOM
1:00:25 Sex, Sleep, Eat, Drink, Dream
1:05:12 Stick Duet
1:07:14 Elephant Talk
1:11:30 Discipline
1:13:51 Indiscipline
1:18:21 The Talking Drum
1:21:32 Lark's Tongues In Aspic Part II
1:28:00 People
1:33:42 Walking On Air

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Marifloyd

Inventar
the Neal Morse band: Chris Squire tribute concert @ Cruise to the Edge 18.11.2015 (Full. Multicam)

00:00 - Announcement
00:35 - Introduction
02:16 - (Intro Tape) Amazing Grace
04:40 - Every Little Thing
13:21 - No Opportunity Necessary No Experience Needed (with Casey McPherson)
20:05 - Hold Out Your Hand (with Steve Hogarth & Pete Trewavas)
24:06 - You By My Side (with Steve Hogarth & Pete Trewavas)
29:39 - Silently Falling (with Steve Hogarth, Jonas Reingold & Ryo Okumoto)
43:03 - Cinema
45:05 - Make It Easy (with Ted Leonard)
52:02 - City Of Love (with Ross Jennings & Dave Meros)
56:37 - The Fish Medley (with Jonas Reingold, Pete Trewavas & Dave Meros)
01:06:32 - Changes (with Ted Leonard & Ross Jennings)
01:12:46 Does It Really Happen

the Neal Morse band:
• Mike Portnoy
• Neal Morse
• Randy George
• Bill Hubauer
• Eric Gillette

This is it! Partly multi-cam, partly photo gallery. But this is pretty much all the existing material from this special evening. Thanks for watching! And a big Thank You to all the original filmers, photographers and audio tapers! Video: Al Spilowey, Limwed, pgabe4, BAD TORTOISE, Prog Rules, Nicholas Caluda, Arlettevids, Melinda Saminski and many more! Photo: Marco DE NIET, Igor Rock Xposure, Iron Mike Savoia, Douglas S. Irwin, Jens Ekberg and many others!!! Audio: Enchantgy, remastered by Remy And very special thanks to Albert Hollemans who made this project possible!!!
Richtig, richtig gut. :) Wäre schön , wenn man das auf einem Tonträger erhalten könnte.

nixe

Inventar
van der Graaf Generator live @ Leverkusen 2005 (Rockpalast full concert)

Tracklist:
Undercover Man - 00:00
Scorched Earth - 07:30
Every Bloody Emperor - 17:00
Lemmings - 24:37
Darkness 11/11 - 38:25
Childlike Faith in Childhood's End - 46:28
Sleepwalkers - 58:57
Nutter Alert - 1:09:35
Man-Erg - 1:16:35
Killer - 1:29:04
Wondering - 1:37:35

Personel:
Guy Evans - drums
Peter Hammill - vocals, guitar
Hugh Banton - keys
David Jackson - sax

The concert was held on Peter Hammill's birthday (5th of November)

Das aktuelle Magazin

Oben